Thursday, December 2, 2010

Keeping your cool and boosting your productivity with inspiration

I had awesome evening and just wanted to say a couple of things. We're supposed to live for those cool moments, not for work. I feel sorry for workoholics, they are missing hell lot of fun. Work hard, party harder. I've read this fantastic book today, called "ReWork" from 37signals.com. I must admit I admire their new innovative approach to leading business, be it online or offline. One of most important concepts they introduced is to stand for what you believe it's true. Sooner people figure out, that staying late at work, doesn't always mean that they accomplished more, the better.

One of main reasons why I started blog series "PC Power User". Always ask yourself, am I being productive or I am just "busy"? It's incredibly easy to appear busy to anyone. It's because we procrastinate or we're simply doing wrong things. Especially entrepreneurs, it's strange bunch, many of them. They will die silly to their business. Seriosly guys, go to sleep. Don't stay up late, just because you want to finish your next new project as soon as possible. Also the flaw of many people is that they didn't figure out the joy of outsourcing. Many things can be done by someone else and they're gonna be better than you would do them yourself. Don't be afraid to delegate your responsibilities to someone else. Especially someone who's better in it than you.

For instance, I am happy with my job at the moment. Most the things aren't done by me and let's keep it that way. Working as a manger made me awesome team player. I get to know my designer and I get to know my programmer. Their limitations are my limitations, and I am not pushing anyone, but my crew is motivated to extreme level and that's what makes me happy. There needs to be balance between inner peace and outer results, when that balance is achieved most of the things are completed during your work time, especially if you hit inspiration, than your productivity is maxing out.

Being inspired is valuable asset, but in order to have it and maintain it, all other aspects of your life need to stay balanced, and that won't happen if staying long hours in your office backfires you. No amount of invested time, you simply won't get the work done. You are more likely to check YouTube and watching the next funny video. Which is completely fine, but... You are obsessing about getting things done.

Nurture your balance and watch how your life grows and expands...

No comments:

Post a Comment